Thursday, March 24, 2022

Laila is DOUBLE DIGITS!

 I blinked and Laila is 1-0! It's hard to believe that ten years ago I was preparing for her day of birth and getting her nursey all put together and now she's planning her own parties and orchestrating her own 'big girl' room makeover! 


She wanted a room makeover for her birthday so this was her gift from Travis and I. We went shopping and she picked out a few, new items to add to her room but I did find some surprises that I threw in that she didn't know about. She picked out the bedding quilt, the picture, and the shelf. I picked out the book shelf, the iridescent buckets and jewelry case for the book shelf, the hanging organizer for her closet, the curtains as well as the 'happy place' sign and added the lamps with remote controlled LED lightbulbs. It really doesn't take much to transform a room to look totally different. Less is more with me so I wanted it to be simple and easy for her to be able to clean up and I got rid of a lot of her 'junk'. Travis and I worked on it all morning while she was at school and we were able to surprise her with the reveal when she got home. She squealed in dramatic Laila fashion and little sis Lena covered her ears, as always. 








Laila didn't really want a 'party' this year but she wanted to go to the American Girl Doll store with her friend to get their dolls hair done for her birthday. The girls had a lot of fun shopping around the store, buying some of their favorite finds with birthday gift cards from family and watching their dolls get birthday ready! 







She got to spend the evening with family and we had her favorite, tacos and cake and ice cream. She wanted a funfetti chocolate chip cookie cake. 








We are really proud parents of a wonderful daughter/sister/granddaughter. She's a good student who shows compassion and has a good heart. I know the next, few years will be challenging with school and life but if you just keep being who you are and never change from being YOU, you'll be fine. Your silly, quirky ways make us laugh and you make me a better doll/slime playing mom. :) We may give you a hard time but it's only because we know your potential and someday you'll realize it's because we love you more than words can ever say. Don't ever dim your bright and shiny light! 



xoxo - Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment