Peach Blackberry Cobbler
Nothing says summer like a good ol' cobbler recipe. I came across this recipe and added a couple of my own touches to it. It's really perfect and it's exceptional warm, right out of the oven with vanilla ice cream on top!
6 Large Peaches
2 Cups Blackberries
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Tbl. Honey
1 Tbl. Maple Syrup
1 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Cup Oatmeal
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Tbl. Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp. Ginger
2 Sticks Salted Butter (chilled & cubed)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut peeled peaches into 1/2 inch pieces. In a large bowl, combine peaches, blackberries, the zest of 2 lemons, the juice of 3 lemons, granulated sugar, honey and syrup. Stir to combine.
2. Spoon the fruit mixture into a baking pan or divide it into small backing dishes for individual servings.
3. In another bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Stir together. Add the cubed butter to the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter or your hands, work the butter into the dry ingredients until large crumbs are formed.
4. Spoon the crisp topping over the fruit. Bake crisp for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden and the fruit is bubbly.
5. Serve warm with ice cream!
Let me know if you love it too!